In Christ,
in this place,
with these people,
you have found a home.

Christmas Season Services

Christmas Season Events

Decorating the Church December 19th

Lessons and Carol’s Service December 19th

The Carlton Reid Hall is available to rent: Receptions, Conferences, Parties, Business. Please call 613-623-2554 to inquire.

Announcement of Retirement

The Reverend Cathy McCaig will be retiring from ordained ministry August, 2021.

 "As our own faith journeys part ways, may we live into the hope of sharing God’s love to everyone in our communities, and never be afraid of the risks we take to do that. For our challenge will always be to love God and one another with all we have."

Sunday Service Recordings

Due to COVID restrictions in our community, Sunday services have been video recorded and are available to watch at any time.

Enjoy, and God Bless.

Watch videos

About Us

We hope to meet your spiritual needs and to offer an experience of worship, community, pastoral care and service that speaks to God’s world today. Our congregation worships in the original building, begun in 1869, which is the oldest church in Arnprior.

The title of the parish, “Emmanuel” is the name given to Jesus in St. Matthew’s Gospel, which means “God With Us”. We are an inclusive community, open to everyone. All are welcome to share in Communion in the Anglican Church.

Office Hours :
The parish office is closed.
For immediate assistance contact:
Charlotte Leitch, Rectors Warden,
613-864-6910

287 Harrington Street
Arnprior, ON
K7S 2V2

E-mail:
emmanuel_office@bellnet.ca

Office :
(613) 623-2554

Canon Christine Piper:
613-725-2164
819-661-4028

church-e1459800319530-300x300

About Emmanuel Anglican Church

Emmanuel Anglican Church in Arnprior is the community’s oldest and most historic church building and has been in use since it was begun in 1869. Before that time, services were held in a number of locations until the land for the church and rectory were donated by Daniel McLachlin. The parish began as a mission and the first Anglican services were held in Arnprior in 1861 by the priest from Fitzroy Harbour, The Rev’d Ebenezer Morris. Arnprior was on the edge of what then seemed a vast wilderness. In 1863 it is recorded that services were held in German, reflecting the immigration pattern of that time and possibly providing an explanation for the naming of the parish Emmanuel. The first Confirmation was held in 1865.

The history of a parish is usually the story of buildings and memorials, and we have been blessed with a beautiful building, grounds, and facilities due to the hard work and generosity of many in the past and present. However, the story of a parish is really the story of God’s People and their faithfulness to the call of God and the Gospel of Christ in their ministry in the world. People have worshipped, prayed, worked, and cared for each other for generations and today to write the story of Emmanuel in its life and mission.